Monday, 25 June 2007

Panto!

I got an email this morning with what's been written so far of this year's panto script. I agreed to help finish writing it, since it was never done last year, and I need to read it through before the next meeting. By God, that's a brilliant script. Ali Baba isn't really one of my favourite pantos, but the script is fantastic. Makes me laugh ALOT. Trago Mills jokes never stop being funny. I don't know how they manage to write stuff like that. I'm hoping that when I join the script writing team I'll be able to come up with some good ideas and not just sit there offering opinions on everyone else's ideas. I already have a favourite character. That's the problem with having the script this early - I've got hell of alot more time to get attached to that character and become even more disappointed when I get a different part. There's loads of good parts in this script though. And I'm not going to be lumbered with a really heavy, unmanoeuverable candlestick costume this year either! Woohoo!

I'm gonna do some research on the subject and see if I can find any good things to put into the script.

The uncomfortable costume in question. They really should have thought that through before they decided to do Beauty and the Beast last year. I think we pulled it off though. It could have been worse - I could have had the wardrobe costume! Although at least she could get into her costume by herself. That candlestick costume was not good for the quick costume changes at the beginning and end.

This must be a photo from the dress rehearsals, since I'm not wearing my gloves. There's a few bits missing from some of the other costumes too.

No comments: