Monday, 6 August 2007

Death Note

Every now and then, a new manga or anime comes along, containing none of the elements that I look for in a manga, and somehow manages to amaze me. Death Note is one such manga. I'm in the middle of reading it, and I can't put it down! It's amazing! I'm completely hooked on it. I got the first two volumes, and just ordered the other ten last night, so they'll be coming soon.

There's a film of it too, live action and all, which I'm dying to see, but I'm gonna wait until I've finished reading the manga so that I can complain about all the stuff they left out of it. But from what I've seen of the film, it's awesome.

What is it with me? I tend to read manga that have hardly any female characters. As a cosplayer, that doesn't make my life any easier.

They sell those Death Note notebooks on eBay, and I'd love one, but there's a problem. The only thing I ever write in notebooks is my books. I know it's not the actual death note book, but still. I wouldn't feel comfortable writing anybody's name in it, even a fictional person, for fear they'd die of a heart attack in the next 40 seconds!

No comments: