Friday, 10 August 2007

Yaoi

Now, people who know me well enough will know I like yaoi, but that's a little misleading. I'm more of a shonen-ai person. I don't mind a little bit of explicity, but nothing major.

So, Sophie goes shopping yesterday and buys three extremely hardcore yaoi (hardcore enough to warrant them an 18+ certificate), and I've seen inside them. I saw one panel and it sickens me. I will take that image to my grave. Now I've been completely put off gay love stories. I was reading Eerie Queerie this morning, and it just did nothing for me. Stuff like Eerie Queerie makes you more straight when you read it. Reading stuff like Love Mode makes me want to turn lesbian.

Now, I don't mind men doing that to each other. It happens in Eerie Queerie all the time. I just don't want to be SHOWN in amazing detail who's got what where. I like to have a little something left to the imagination.

I hope this is just a temporary phase. I like(d) shonen-ai too much to lose it. I know this though - in the future I won't venture near anything that has a certificate of anything higher than 16+

No comments: